Sitz Bath Kit
Haemorrhoids, anal fissures, perineal pain.
Enjoy a warm, shallow bath to sit in and cleanse your anal and genital area. A Sitz bath can often relief pain and discomfort from conditions such as haemorrhoids, anal fissures, perineal pain and itching. Commonly prescribed as a simple and easy way to cleanse the perineum. The perineum is the space between your rectum and vulva or scrotum. By sitting in warm water you increase blood flow in the region and assist to promote healing, cleanse and relieve pain, itching and irritation around the genitals.
FEATURES & BENEFITS.
- Helps to reduce haemorrhoids, anal swelling, surgical wound irritation, and postpartum discomfort, afterbirth pain and swelling during the postpartum period.
- Useful after recent vulva or vaginal surgery, haemorrhoidal surgery and general Haemorrhoid discomfort.
- Improves bowel movement.
- Hemorrhoids are common during postpartum and doctors may recommend a sitz baths after childbirth.
- A sitz bath can help relieve discomfort in your perineum and vulva, while also keeping the area clean
- Never share your sitz bath with anyone else.
- Each person should have their own.
- To reduce risk for infection please thoroughly clean the bath before use.
- Ensure the water is not too hot before using the tub.
- Open wounds are not recommended for use with a sitz bath, unless referred by a doctor.
- When using the bath if you experience any new pain sensation, bleeding from your anal area, perineal discomfort, unusual discharge or if your perineum becomes red and puffy, please discontinue use immediately and refer to your doctor for further advice.
- If you’re pregnant or have recently given birth, ask your doctor or nurse about when you can start taking sitz baths. They’ll likely give you specific instructions on when and how to take them.
- A sitz bath may consist of simply warm water without any medication.
- This is a common way to use it however some people add epsom salts, vinegar, or baking soda to their baths.
- A doctor may also prescribe a sitz bath with specific medication that should be adhered to as per their instructions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE.
- Place the bath underneath your raised toilet seat.
- Do not lower the seat over the Sitz bath.
- Now test it by trying to move it from side to side to ensure it will stay in place and not shift.
- Pour warm water into the bowl.
- Water level should be deep enough to cover the perineum.
- Now sit down and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Vents in the seat conveniently flows excess water directly into the toilet.
- You may use the ‘bubbler’ to spray water gently over the perinium region for a more ‘dramatic’ clean.
- When you’re done, stand up and dry off the area with a towel.
- Pour the remaining water left in the bowl into the toilet and flush and thoroughly clean the bath with soap and water to it is ready for the next use.
- The bath has a handy hanging hole if you wish to hang it on the wall next to the toilet.